Saturday, March 23, 2013

Homemakers and Finances

This week's lesson was good.  It has opened my eyes a little bit in the fact that I've been wanting to get a bachlors degree and I'm having my first child this summer that I just didn't know what I was gonna do.  I felt horrible just getting a associate degree and thats it.  But having this lesson had made me realized that I don't have to have career or have highest degree, that I still can be intelluctual by learning in the home.  In one of the readings it was say that those mothers who stay home learn more than those who do work outside the home and have that interaction.  I thoughtthat it was interesting and made me feel somewhat better that even though I would have an AA, I still can be successful and still learn at home.

Finances- this is the 3rd lesson that I've had in 3 different classes but it's always a good lesson and a good nudge to get our budget in gear. I thought that it was intersting that Brother Williams shared that this guy who is a multi-millionare thinks the pamphlet that the LDS church provides, "One for the Money," is the best book out there.  I thought that was pretty neat that someone who isn't LDS, mulit-millionare broker thought that was the go to book.

No comments:

Post a Comment