Saturday, March 23, 2013

Family Under Stress/ Commuication and Mutual Problem Solving

Communicaton and Mutual Problem Solving-
Communiation is so important, especially in marriage.  I'll admit I'm the worst communicator and my husband gets frustrated with me because I tend not to communicate my feelings or whatever.  I've gotten better over the years but still a struggle.  The reading in the book has helped me how I can become a better communicator and how I can avoid conflict by commicating. 
I thought the way the Presidency and Quorum of 12 Apostles was pretty neat and the story that was shared in the reading was a great example of how it works. I think that its the perfect way of communicating and problem solving in a group like that. We were ask to how we would apply one of these process in our families and how it can help us when counseling with each other. It was interesting reading everyone's post and what they would do.  I think that all of them are needed and would be super helpful. I thought I would post the list- if anyone is interested in having it and this way I can go back to it. 
The process used by the Presidency and Quorum of 12 Apostles. 


  • An agenda is organized and distributed at least the evening before the meeting.
  • They meet each Thursday in the temple (sacred time, sacred space).
  • Begin by expressing sincere love and concern for one another.
  • Open discussion with prayer, inviting the Spirit to reveal Heavenly Father's will.
  • Discuss in an orderly manner to concensus, seeking to agree upon what God would have done.
  • Close with prayer, dedicating selves and efforts to follow through with revealed will.
  • Share refreshments.

No comments:

Post a Comment