Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Transition to Marriage

One of the main things that stuck out to me in this lesson leaning on each other.  I've come to realize that I'm not that good at allowing my husband to "lean on me" in everything. Some things yes, but not everything.  I need to be a better spouse at allowing my husband to lean on me when he needs someone, that is one of the most important thing in a relationship and it opened my eyes.  This is something that I want to work on so that I can improve my marriage.  It made me think of my parent's relationship and how I've come to realize that I don't ever remember seeing my dad having to lean on my mother- I mean she did the bills and kept the house in order.  Is that really leaning on someone for the support that is needed in a relationship. I wonder because I was never really exposed to that, that I didn't realize that I do that to my husband.  I guess it may be time to break that cycle before this little one comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment