Saturday, February 16, 2013

Preparing for Marriage

This class, I didn't feel like anything was new to me. It was interesing to hear about it is important to establish certain things as the relationship progessed.  So, I pondered when I was dating my husband and the things that we did as we were dating- because dating is an important step when forming a relationship.  I think we did pretty good, there might be some things that I would've changed.  

We talked about dating and hanging out.  Even though it was over 3 years ago that I dated, and I remember "hanging out." I remember then that it was advised by the church to not hang out but to date.  Anyways when I think about dating, I think that it goes both ways. It can't always be the guy, girls have to do the work too.  And I think that people these day hang out because they are shallow, they want to hang out so they don't have to spend the extra money if it were a date, or they could potentially hang out with another girl they really want or they are not sure if they would like this person.  Also, I think when people are dating- they go on one date and say, its not going to work out, they don't have the what "I'm looking for," or they aren't interested.  I think it takes more than one date to really get to know someone and their personality.

Those are my thoughts, not great but it's there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment