Friday, April 12, 2013

Fatherhood

I didn't realize how much fathers can really impact children's lives, it can even impact their development.  Fathers have a different way of approaching and parenting their children than mothers do.  They have a different way of communicating and interacting with their child.  This gives the child a better outlook of how to have a good experience. Fathers build confidences, they are pushing their children’s limits knowing that they can do it. Fathers communicate differently and they are likely to expand the child’s vocabulary and challenges them. Fathers discipline differently than mothers do- fathers are about being fair, justice and duty.  They tend to stand firm on those types of things to teach children right from wrong.  Fathers prepare children for the real world- they are able to learn the consequences in the way that they behave and how that can affect the way that they will behave in the real world.  I have seen my father do these things, and how I approach my mother differently than I approach my dad.  Even though my dad and I don't really talk much, I feel like we are closer than I feel with my mother.  I can't wait for my husband to become a father and I know that he will be a great one, our children will be blessed to have a great father and 2 great grandfathers to provide those these in thier lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment