Friday, April 12, 2013

Aging Family

This is the last post for this class and I've pretty much kept up with all the topics throughout the semster.  This class has been really awesome and beneficial.  Brother Williams really knowledgeable and I've appreciate his outlook on Family/Marriage- I have learned a lot and definately has helped me learn how to react to things and has given me an outlook on other families/marriages.  

Aging family was the last topic and we talked about it very breifly but mainly we talked about married couples who are now "empty nesters" and where they are in that point in life.  Aging families happens at different ages depending if the children are out of the home and such, apparently Steve Martin just became a father at age 67.  We discussed what those couples tend to be doing- some may be retired and interacting with grandchildren, some kids who are married may have moved back in the home or parents may have moved in with one of their chilren.  It is so vastly different for each family and where they are in life.  Its hard for me to imagine that one day I'll wake up being married for 30 years and see all these things occuring in my life. But just like anything in life, we have to progress and adjust to life as it comes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment